27 October 2021, Online / Brdo Congress Center, Brdo pri Kranju, Slovenia
The ERIC Forum Chair will be taking part in the new ERA conference on 27 October 2021, at the breakout session 1 ”ERA for Research Infrastructures”.
The session aims to bring together various stakeholders to discuss the bottlenecks faced by the RIs. It will also contribute to the discussion on the funding of various RIs through the prism of various funding sources – regional, national, and European, grants and loans, and their use in synergy. The key questions that will be discussed during the session are:
- How can various funding sources, be they grants or loans, on regional, national and EU levels, be used in synergy to support the sustainability of research infrastructures?
- What are your key funding sources for providing/receiving access to RI services and resources? What specific challenges do you experience?
► Find here a 1-minute video about the ERIC Forum Chair’s view on the role of Research Infrastructures (RIs) in the new European Research Area (ERA).
About the new ERA Presidency Conference:
The conference will put stakeholder needs at the heart of the new ERA, with workshop discussions on the second day focussing on key ERA Policy Agenda priorities and actions:
- ERA for Research Infrastructures;
- ERA for prospective research careers;
- ERA for Open Science;
- ERA for economy.
The main objectives of the ERA Conference are:
- Fostering exchange between Member States, countries Associated to Horizon Europe and the European Commission in relation to building a renewed ERA;
- Giving a platform to stakeholders to reflect on the main challenges for effective and efficient implementation of newly designed ERA Actions; and
- Providing recommendations (as outputs of the conference) to policy makers contributing to the design and implementation of the new ERA.