Welcome to the ERIC Forum website!
ERIC stands for European Research Infrastructure Consortium and is one of the 5 European legal instruments especially set up by the European Union in 2009 to provide a legal framework for (multisite) European research infrastructures. For more details on the legal instrument see https://ec.europa.eu/research/infrastructures/pdf/council_regulation_eric.pdf
The objectives of the Forum is
(1) to identify common challenges affecting the Forum Members as entities subject to the ERIC Regulation;
(2) to collectively response to these challenges;
(3) to contribute to the further development of the ERIC Regulation, ESFRI framework and European and international research context; and lastly
(4) to foster the visibility, impact and sustainability of ERICs.
Membership is open to any established ERIC willing to actively contribute to its activities. Currently there are 19 ERICs established. The Forum meetings will be also open to consortia who have submitted at least level 1 submission for the ERIC status as well as individual observers from the European Commission, the ERIC Committee, the ESFRI Forum and representatives from Governments and Funding Bodies. The ERIC Forum wishes to become the EIROforum equivalent for the new and distributed RIs in Europe.
- ERIC Forum has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement N. 823798