About the workshop:
The 2nd Ocean Observers workshop is an online event focusing on educational activities linked with in situ ocean observations. It will be organized on November 29th, 30th and December 1st, 2021.
If you are an ocean scientist, teacher or representative of an educational authority, marine communicator, and more generally a citizen involved in educational activities focused on ocean observations, you are invited to consider presenting your activities to the Ocean Observers’ community! Abstracts can be submitted until September 12th.
Objectives of the workshop:
- Share experience and resources around ocean observing educational activities
- Generate and support discussions and collaboration between people engaged in marine science educational programmes
- Engage new schools, educators, scientists, NGOs, citizen, etc. in ocean observing educational activities
The workshop is organized in the framework of the Ocean Observers initiative, born in 2017 with the 1st Ocean Observers workshop, and the Euro-Argo RISE H2020 European Union project, by the international Ocean Observers Working Group, jointly led by OceanOPS and Euro-Argo, as part of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development.
More information about the event and call for contributions is available on the event webpage.
When & Where
- From: 29 November 2021 00:00
- To: 01 December 2021 00:00
- Location: Online Event