The Café session “This is CLARIN. How can we help you?” aims to give an overview of CLARIN in a nutshell. It is the fourth edition of the CLARIN Café series and also a part of the CLARIN Annual Confererence 2020
Date: Monday, 5 October 2020
Time: 11:30 – 12:30 (CEST)
Venue: CLARIN virtual Zoom meeting
Please register for the Café session (free of charge) using this link in order to receive the meeting room details.
Deadline for registration is 1 October 2020.
The goal of the Café is to introduce and familiarize the audience with the CLARIN Infrastructure. What is CLARIN all about? How can CLARIN help? What does it have to offer to researchers, lecturers and students? And how does using the CLARIN Infrastructure help them during their research projects? During this Café these questions will all be adressed.
- Steven Krauwer first Executive Director and senior advisor of CLARIN ERIC
- Susanne Nylund Skog ethnologist and folklore researcher who collaborates with the SWELANG K-Centre
- Noémi Vadász a PhD student and junior research fellow who works at the Research Institute for Linguistics and collaborates with HUN-CLARIN in the e-magyar project
- Christian Olesen a postdoctoral researcher and lecturer at Utrecht University’s Department of Media and Culture.
The Café will open with a very user-friendly and non-techincal introduction to what CLARIN is and what it has to offer to researchers, lecturers and students given by Steven Krauwer. The floor will then pass to the invited speakers: a researcher, a lecturer and a PhD student, who will share their experice with the use of the CLARIN Infrastructure and how it has been helpful to their research. The Café will be moderated by Ben Verhoeven(Science Communicator, Trainer and Improviser at ERLNMYR)
The Café is open to anyone interested in getting to know what CLARIN does from a non-techincal perspective and will particularly be interesting for researchers, PhD students and lecturers that are interested in knowing how CLARIN could be helpful for their research and teaching activities.
When & Where
- From: 05 October 2020 11:30
- To: 05 October 2020 12:30
- Location: Online Event