The leaders of the EU and the African Union (AU) as well as of their respective member states will meet for the sixth European Union – African Union summit in Brussels on 17 and 18 February 2022.
The summit will present a unique opportunity to lay the foundations for a renewed and deeper AU-EU partnership with the highest political involvement and based on trust and a clear understanding of mutual interests. Leaders are expected to discuss how both continents can build greater prosperity. The aim is to launch an ambitious Africa-Europe Investment Package, taking into account global challenges such as climate change and the current health crisis. They should also be talking about tools and solutions to promote stability and security through a renewed peace and security architecture.
A series of thematic roundtables will also be organised. The following topics will be debated:
- growth financing
- health systems and vaccine production
- agriculture and sustainable development
- education, culture and vocational training, migration and mobility
- private sector support and economic integration
- peace, security and governance
- climate change and energy transition, digital and transport [connectivity and infrastructure]
U and AU heads of state or government will be participating in the roundtables, together with a selected group of external guests who are experts in their respective fields.
Read more here.
When & Where
- From: 17 February 2022 00:00
- To: 18 February 2022 00:00
- Location: Online Event