05 December 2019, Munich – Germany
CERIC is organising a workshop focused on in-kind contributions within Research Infrastructures, in particular in ERICs. The aim of the event is to increase the awareness among the existing and future ERICs and with the EC about the emerging best practices and find the best approach to solve the pending issues and different interpretations related to the in-kind contributions.
Scope of the workshop:
The ERIC Regulation allows contributions to the ERICs by the Member to be in cash and in-kind. Several Members of ERICs have chosen to contribute in-kind, for different reasons.
Two main cases of in-kind contributions can be distinguished: a) contributions to the construction and operation of an RI by procuring and transferring goods and services and b) contribution to the implementation and operation of an RI by making available existing facilities, which may be improved “in-situ” within the contributing member during the ERIC operation. Both cases include challenges which need to be addressed in exchanging experience and developing best practice approach and, if needed, further development of the ERIC Framework.
In the workshop, the following aspects will be presented and discussed:
- Outline and analysis of different cases and types of in-kind contributions in the ERIC framework, and related aspects (e.g. procurement and taxation),
- The scientific/technical and financial evaluation of in-kind contributions : – how to define a-priori their costs or how the values are recognized by the involved parties and reported in the budgets and accounts, – why it is important to know and report these values also for existing facilities.
- How to share the experience in different ERICs and build a possible way forward.
Click here to view the draft program.
► Register here.
When & Where
- From: 05 December 2019 08:30
- To: 05 December 2019 13:00
Registration End Date